Chicken with leeks
- 4 skinless chicken breasts (without wing bone)
- 4 t cream
- 190ml/¼ pint crème fraîche
- 190ml/¼ pint strong chicken stock
- 9oz/250g shallots quartered and then pan-fried in a little butter
- 2 leeks chopped, washed and then pan-fried in a little butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 packet of ready-made puff pastry (pre-rolled if possible)
- Heat an oiled char-griller or heat a little oil in a pan. Seal the chicken on both sides.
- Heat the cream, crÃ¨me fraÃ®che and stock together.
- Cut the chicken into fork-sized pieces and place in the hot sauce. After 5 minutes, add the shallots and leeks and heat for a further 5 minutes. Season.
- Meanwhile, make 4-6 small circles using the pre-rolled puff pastry. Place on a baking sheet and bake until risen.
- Serve the chicken and leeks with a circle of pastry on top.