One of the simplest and most delicious of all English puddings.
- 600 ml double cream
- 150 g caster sugar or vanilla sugar
- 3 medium lemons juice
It's remarkable that something that takes only minutes to make tastes so luxurious. Serve it as it is, with small shortbread biscuits, or with a few raspberries later in the summer.
- Pour the cream into a large saucepan and add the sugar.
- Warm gently, stirring to dissolve the sugar, then bring to a boil and boil for exactly three minutes, without stirring.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the lemon juice.
- Strain into a jug, then pour into six ramekins or small glasses.
- Cool, cover, and refrigerate for four hours before serving.