Jamies' Frangipane and Raspberry Jam Tarts
- 6 small deep shortcrust pastry case
- 1 egg preferably free-range or organic
- 100g ground almond
- 100g butter
- 90g golden caster sugar
- 1 orang
- 1 T vanilla paste or extract
- 175g good-quality raspberry jam
- 250g tub of creme fraiche, to serve
Turn your oven to 190C/375F/gas 5
- Put the 6 pastry cases on a baking tray.
- Make a frangipane mixture by cracking the egg into a mixing bowl and adding 100g of almonds, 100g of butter and 90g of golden caster sugar.
- Grate over the zest of ÂÂ½ an orange and add 1 tablespoon of vanilla paste or extract.
- Use a spoon to mix everything together.
- Spoon a small teaspoon of jam into each pastry base.
- Top with a heaped teaspoon of frangipane, add another small teaspoon of jam, then finally another heaped teaspoon of frangipane.
- Put the tray in the oven on the middle shelf and set the timer for 18 minutes exactly.
- When the little tarts are golden and cooked, turn the oven off and take them out.
- Serve them warm, with a dollop of crème fraîche on the side.